Special pages

▼

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What karaoke songs does an opera diva sing?

Do opera and karaoke go together?  Maybe.  Here are song karaoke favorites from opera singers.

Australian soprano Rachelle Durkin
" I was always in love with Whitney Houston and Maria Carey, so I like to sing like that every now and then."
http://www.mcv.gaynewsnetwork.com.au/features/marriage-the-mozart-way-008194.html

"I'm a classically trained singer, and while I don't generally do opera at karaoke bars, I do sing a lot of show tunes, standards, and pop songs that I have carefully picked out because I can sing them in my lower range and have them sound like pop songs."
BirdGirl
http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101105090024AAqT46w

Barbara Pasqa, a semi-pro opera singer from Uniontown PA entered a karaoke contest back in April of this year. Her songs? You Raise Me Up and I Could Have Danced All Night.
http://www.allbusiness.com/humanities-social-science/visual-performing-arts-theater/14263707-1.html

Carla Thensen Hanson, an American soprano, was asked if she sang opera:
"Only when drunk. The last time I went I was with my sisters and we were all quite intoxicated because it was for another sister’s wedding. We sang We Are Family. Naturally."
http://www.rochestermagazine.com/10/or/so/questions/with/carla/thelenhanson/opera/singer/story-714.html

Just in case you actually want to sing an aria next time you are out for karaoke, you can download your favorite track: http://www.opera-karaoke.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.