/* Google analytics tracker */ John the Revelator: Longest karaoke song

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Longest karaoke song

Karaoke trivia time. What is the longest karaoke song?

American Pie is the longest. At least in my collection. I have something over 8,000 songs. (See my website for a complete listing.) There are eleven songs that are longer than 8 minutes:

8:00 Jane Siberry and k.d. lang - Calling All Angels
8:04 Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
8:07 Doors - The End
8:21 Steely Dan - West of Hollywood
8:22 Meatloaf - Paradise by the Dashboard Light
8:22 Neil Young - Like A Hurricane
8:23 Michael Jackson - Thriller
8:35 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Sir Psycho Sexy
8:36 Guns 'N Roses - November Rain
8:45 Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
8:47 Don MacLean - American Pie

I should note that Paradise by the Dashboard Light and American Pie are #1 and #3 of the worst of all karaoke songs, largely because they are soooo long. (See my previous blog on the worst karaoke songs.) If someone is not a stellar performer, then 8 minutes can be an eternity.

Another note... this question was asked on Yahoo Answers. Disco Bob answered that "Roundabout" by Yes was the longest. I don't have that karaoke song in my collection, so I can't say for sure. But
I don't have that one in my collection, so I can't say. The regular version (non-karaoke) is 8:32.

Looking for karaoke in Milwaukee? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not even close. I've been hosting karaoke for 23 years, and the longest song is the Sound Choice version of Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd at 9:47.