/* Google analytics tracker */ John the Revelator: Karaoke in Milwaukee

Friday, May 9, 2008

Karaoke in Milwaukee

I'll take a break from my extremely engaging story to mention some of my favorite karaoke spots around the Milwaukee area.

For the smoothest run karaoke in the area, I recommend going to Clifford's Supper Club in Hales Corner's. They have a raised stage behind the bar, so everyone can see you. In addition to the words coming out on a screen in front of you, there is a huge TV behind you, so everyone can sing along. The DJs are very good at keeping the show moving. But... since this places is popular, it may take an hour to go through the rotation.

Last weekend, my lovely and I went to a little spot in Lannon, WI (near Sussex?). We participated in "Neil and Larry's Classic Kick A$$ Karaoke" show. Larry is a very personable guy. If he weren't competing with me for karaoke gigs, I would probably like the guy!

One place that runs karaoke a lot is the New Yorker Bar in downtown Milwaukee. I am not sure just what nights it runs(Friday and Saturday? Maybe more?), but I guess the equipment belongs to the place. The bar is not big, the equipment is nice, and they have a lot of good songs. If you like Frank Sinatra, you could sing all night.

Another more intimate spot is the Bavarian Inn, which is not all that far from Bayshore in Glendale. If you get there, be sure to say hi to Marlavours Marla. The crowds are not huge, so the rotations are short.

I know there are plenty of good spots for karaoke around town. These are just my current favorites. Let me know yours!

No comments: