/* Google analytics tracker */ John the Revelator: My first synagogue gig

Saturday, May 24, 2008

My first synagogue gig

It would be a cold day in Milwaukee when I would do a synagogue gig. Seriously. It was cold. Seriously cold. It was 20 below when I unpacked my gear at the synagogue. Did I mention it was cold?

The youth leader had scheduled a "coffee house" night for the youth. Groovy idea. There were poetry readings, and two different bands that the youth had put together. Good stuff. And there was karaoke.

I hired John the Revelator to do karaoke for a youth event at my congregation. John was a pleasure to work with. He obtained song requests from me before the show and added them to his already extensive collection. John was flexible, accommodating, easy going. He worked well with the kids, putting them at ease and treating them fairly. They liked him and talk about performing karaoke again.
Debbie I.
Religious Education Director
Cong. Beth El










No comments: