/* Google analytics tracker */ John the Revelator: off to my third gig at Bootleggers

Sunday, August 17, 2008

off to my third gig at Bootleggers

I have now had two gigs at Bootleggers Milwaukee bar and grill. I continue to be pumped about the place. Aside from having a bit of a wardrobe malfunction, we had quite a few excellent singers.

I was surprised to hear that the song "Vehicle" (Ides of March, 1970) is still popular, as well it should be. The song was done proud by "Beer Lover". The crowd loved it. Marcellus was another crowd pleaser. It is not my usual, but I could see that people wanted to hear another from him, so he sang two in a row.

Normally, when three people step up on stage, this is a good sign that you are about to hear karaoke with a lower case "k". People just having fun. Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing. Karaoke is all about having fun. So, when I got a slip from Anthony, Travis and Rob, my expectation were not set real high. But! All three of these guys can sing! The first week and this last week as well. Welcome!

There are a few people on the staff at Bootleggers who also have wonderful voices. The week before, Ben (the Monday night manager) had asked if I had any Gavin DeGraw. Last week I brought in "I don't want to be". Ben was studying to be an opera major. I'm glad he decided to use his voice for more popular singing!!

I am so glad to have Bethany the cocktail waitress sing! Rashida, you rock. Joanne, Kari and Abby... I love old time rock and roll, too! Liam the Kiwi visited us all the way from New Zealand!

Cristal has sung both nights that I have hosted. One person came up to me while she was singing "SHE'S AWESOME!" I would have to agree.

After my first night at Bootleggers, I added 252 songs. After the second night, I added 194. Hopefully the last four CDs will show up in the mail on Monday so that I can quickly load them on my laptop for the show.


If there are any songs you would like to see added to my book, email me: Revelator.Karaoke@gmail.com. I will do my best to bring them in.

No comments: