/* Google analytics tracker */ John the Revelator: Celebrity karaoke - Paul Rudd

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Celebrity karaoke - Paul Rudd

Paul Rudd and Owen Wilson will be vying for the heart of  Reese Witherspoon in How Do You Know, opening Dec 17, 2010. I found an interview of the Rudd and Wilson that gave a little foretaste. Paul Rudd will be singing some hysterical Teddy Pendergrass song to Witherspoon. And... this is a favorite number for him when he sings karaoke.

Nothing on the official website tells me what he is going to sing, so I guess I will just have to see the movie for myself.

Rudd is a big fan of karaoke. Here is a quote from Entertainment Weekly


"My big karaoke friends are Bobby Cannavale, [Role Models director] David Wain, Joe Lo Truglio [from I Love You, Man], Mather Zickel [the best man in Rachel Getting Married], and sometimes Peter Dinklage. We've all 'raoked together over the years. We rent rooms. It isn't like we're going to a bar. So it's like four guys sitting around singing. We'll often say, ''Tonight we're doing songs that we've never done before.'' We all want to impress the others with the song choices. A lot of it is lost '70s classics. It'll be great if somebody busts out a little ''Shannon'' by Henry Gross, or ''So Very Hard to Go'' by Tower of Power. I love ''The Worst That Could Happen'' by Johnny Maestro and the Brooklyn Bridge. We all love to sing, but none of us are singers."

And here is a YouTube video of Rudd singing More Than A Feeling.


"We all love to sing, but none of us are singers."

No comments: