/* Google analytics tracker */ John the Revelator: The most maligned karaoke song

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The most maligned karaoke song

 I saw something online that really shook me. There is a KJ in San Francisco who is charging folks $5 to sing Don't Stop Believin'!

To me, this is sacrilege. My loyal readers will remember a blog of mine ("What should I sing?") where I combined the lists of best karaoke songs from 41 websites. Don't Stop Believin' came out on top. Of the 41 "best of" lists, 14 of them included Don't Stop Believin'. The next song in line (Total Eclipse of the Heart) was mentioned only 11 times. DSB is clearly the winner. This is not my opinion. This is the consensus of the experts on the web! 

I might add that Don't Stop Believin' did not make it on my list of worst karaoke songs. I searched for lists of worst karaoke songs, and combined the results from 19 websites.

I am sorry Mr. SF KJ. People like the song.




1 comment:

Gypsy Songstress said...

Maybe it was the ONLY song people were singing? Possibly.