/* Google analytics tracker */ John the Revelator: Celebrity karaoke - Kelsey Grammer

Friday, January 21, 2011

Celebrity karaoke - Kelsey Grammer

I loved him on Cheers. I loved him on Frasier. He played the same character in the two series - an overly-intellectual  psychiatrist with just enough of his own neuroses to keep the show going. I suppose that says something about me, that I can relate to an overly-intellectual, slightly neurotic psychiatrist?

Kelsey Grammer recently made the tabloid news for allegedly partaking in not one, but two, acts of such moral depravity that they were shunned by the more mainstream media.

The first (and more socially acceptable) of the alleged acts of depravity was the insinuation of his ex-wife that he enjoys a little cross-dressing. They are going through a divorce and she was appearing on the Howard Stern show, so you know that this is very reputable gossip.

But, that's all not that bad. Quite a number of accomplished actors have donned female clothes for various roles. Robin Williams, Tony Curtis, Dustin Hoffman, and Joel Grey immediately come to mind. I don't recall if George W ever appeared in such a role. Maybe not.
 The second act of depravity perhaps fits better with the slightly neurotic Dr. Frasier Crane, or even better with the character of Sideshow Bob on the Simpsons. Yes, you guessed it. Kelsey Grammer was caught singing karaoke. In public. And not just any song, but James Taylor's "Don't Let Me Be Lonely". You can judge for yourself, but I think he did pretty well. As for how well he pulls off the cross-dressing, I'm gonna wait until I see pictures to say how well he does.

No comments: