/* Google analytics tracker */ John the Revelator: Wisdom learned in a karaoke bar

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wisdom learned in a karaoke bar

Ok, so this guy, Alexis, went to the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas. No. Seriously. True story.

And of course, he went to sing karaoke. Cuz, like, what else does someone do when they are in Vegas? You know?  I mean, how many hours can you stand dazed in front of a one armed bandit? Especially after standing dazed in 1.6 million square foot of the absolute latest and greatest in consumer technology?

Yup. I would have been in the karaoke bar, too. Gambling just doesn't excite me. Save a bar stool for me, Alexis!

A singer named George told the crowd that he was missing his wife. Then he did a great rendition of "My Girl". Naturally, Alexis (Remember him?  The reporter who went to CES?) had a little chat with George after he sang. Alexis asked him for his secret to a happy marriage.

George told the following story to Alexis:
I've been coming to CES for so long, and all the guys would always want to go to strip clubs. So, I was on my phone at a strip club and there is this girl in front of me on a pole and she's dancing. She says, "You don't like what you see? Put the phone down." Then she says, "Who you talking to?" I say, "My wife." And she goes, "Get the hell out of here." I gave her the phone, and I said, "I'm here for [my coworkers] not for this."

My own secret to a happy marriage has been to sing with my wife every day. Maybe I should take George's advice, though. If I were to go to a strip joint and let my wife know that I was thinking abut her... What more proof of my love could a woman want?

No comments: