/* Google analytics tracker */ John the Revelator: Karaoke robot

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Karaoke robot

The VCR was invented in the mid sixties to free us from the drudgery of having to watch television. Texting is a more recent labor-saving device which allows us to avoid the drudgery of actually having to speak with other people.

Finally, Japanese scientists have developed a robot that can save us from the drudgery and humiliation of having to sing karaoke.



What's next? I have just applied for a patent for a robot that can swim laps for my wife, thus saving her from all that wasted effort of exercise. Once the Swimbot is perfected, she can just send this device to the gym, hit "snooze" on her alarm clock, and catch a few more zzzzs.

I have another labor saving device under development to compliment the lap swimming robot. I am calling it the Excuse-o-matic. Whenever my wife says, "Hey, you wanna go swimming with my Swimbot?" the Excuse-o-matic will generate a quasi-random excuse. "I need to get to work early, like before noon." "I have a headache." "My arm hurts." "I really should, shouldn't I?"  Then, we will be able to cuddle up, both of us guilt-free, knowing that our responsibilities are being taken care of through the wonders of technology.

No comments: