/* Google analytics tracker */ John the Revelator: Quote from Davy Jones

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Quote from Davy Jones

Anyone from my era will recognize the name "Davy Jones". He was the cute one.

Well, that's not quite what I would say. I would say that he was the British guy in the Monkees. I would say that he was the guy that all the girls said was the cute one. I was so jealous. Of course, I am still jealous. His wife is a flamenco dancer who is 33. He is 64.

He was recently interviewed by the San Francisco Chronicle.

I used to be a heartthrob, now I'm a coronary. There's no place I can't go because of the Monkees. I can go into a biker bar. I can go into a punk club. I try to avoid karaoke bars so I don't have to get up and sing "Daydream Believer."
It's ok. I'll sing Daydream Believer for him. If he could hear me, he would be so jealous.

1 comment:

John Seymour said...

You will be missed, Davy!