/* Google analytics tracker */ John the Revelator: Karaoke movie premieres Nov 26

Friday, November 5, 2010

Karaoke movie premieres Nov 26

Finally!  They are doing a movie about karaoke, scheduled to open on November 26!! It's been a long dry spell since Duets. We did get that quick little snippet in everybody's favorite movie Sex and the City II. Finally karaoke will be taken as serious mainstream stuff.

That's what I was thinking when I first heard about Freak Out. Then I started digging for more details.

The movie stars 18 year old Jillian Clare, who plays on Days Of Our Lives. What? Sandra Bullock wasn't available?

The movie is being produced by the folks who bring you the teen soap Victorious on Nickelodeon. Uh-oh. Second warning sign. I don't spend a whole lot of time watching teenie-bopper shows on Nickelodeon.



The movie is about a karaoke competition. The winner gets to go out with Jade's boyfriend, Beck. OMG!  How can they defile something as sacred as a karaoke competition?!?!?   Oh well. I guess I need to wait longer for that Great American Karaoke Movie.

No comments: